Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Bake-a-thon

Today, after Zumba, a final Xmas shopping stop and a trip to the grocery store, I decided I was going to bake something.  Ok, ok.  I decided I was going to bake several somethings.  I ended up making 3 items out of the 4 that I was considering for the menu.

First up was the vegan cookies & creme cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World.

Then there was the magic bars that seem to be plentiful around the holidays but I have never made.  I pulled the recipe up from allrecipes.com but it was super stingy on the measurements.  I had to add more graham cracker crumbs, coconut and pecans, BUT should have taken the chocolate chip measurement down a 1/2 cup.

When all that was said and done, I whipped up (literally) an orange pound cake recipe that came from a Saveur magazine.  As I was making it (and modifying the damn directions - who beats flour and sugar and butter all at once?  Sugar and butter, yes. But all the flour flies everywhere.) I realized that I forgot most of my oranges at work.  I have to glaze it tomorrow. Oh well.  I am sure that it will still taste good.

PICS:

1 comment:

  1. That cupcake looks incredible. I'm stuck with stale cookies at the moment...

    ReplyDelete